Climb Kilimanjaro Terms & Conditions
- All travel and associated arrangements for The Nasio Trust Kilimanjaro Trek are made by a specialist travel company. In making these arrangements, The Nasio Trust is acting as your agent and is unable to accept liability for any loss or damage, beyond its statutory liability, or for cancellation of the event for any reason out of its control.
- We ask fundraising participants to raise the minimum amounts stated for this event. The trip has to be paid for in advance so we insist that 30% of the total must be paid to The Nasio Trust at least 26 weeks prior to departure and 80% of the total must be paid to The Nasio Trust at least 6 weeks prior to departure. If you do not meet the 30% deadline you will be encouraged to consider either postponing your climb date or switching to the self-fund (Climb Only) option. Please note you may be liable for any costs incurred by the charity as a result of the delay in payment should you decide to continue with the fundraising option and the same climb date. Failure to meet the 80% deadline will forfeit your eligibility to participate – or again you may choose to make up the balance yourself. We ask that you show pledges for the remaining funds to make up the minimum sponsorship level before departure.
- Registration deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances once you have been accepted on the event.
- If you make the decision to cancel after having formally registered, and cannot find anyone to take your place, the registration deposit and monies raised for (or donated directly to in the case of a self funded climb) the Nasio Trust are strictly non-refundable.
The Nasio Trust reserves the right to decline refunds of donations as directed by the Charity Act 2011 (section 1.7) which can be found here and states that ‘charities are not permitted to refund donations, other than in specific circumstances’ as well as the Fundraising regulatory.
- If, for what ever reason, you withdraw from the event after the 6 weeks before departure deadline, you are personally liable for any cancellation charges payable in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Travel Company, for example flights. This will be the prescribed percentage of the trip cost.
- Participants wishing to withdraw from the event after registration must confirm their cancellation in writing to The Nasio Trust. Without this, The Nasio Trust is unable to accept their cancellation.
- Gift Aid does not count towards participants’ fundraising/sponsorship target.
- The trip includes all group international flights (Fundraising Package) and internal transfers thereafter (unless otherwise agreed), project equipment, accommodation on a twin share basis or as dictated by local conditions (e.g. hostel, hotel or camping), most meals, guides, porters, cooks, group camping equipment, some sightseeing trips or site/park entry fees.
- The following are not included in the cost of the trips: items of a personal nature (e.g. telephone calls, laundry, tips etc), drinks, certain meals, visas, vaccinations, insurance and local airport and/or departure taxes.
- We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in quoted prices at any time before your trip is confirmed. We will advise you of any error of which we are aware and of the then applicable price at the time of booking. Once the price of your chosen trip has been confirmed at the time of booking, then subject to the correction of errors, we will only increase or decrease the price in the following circumstances.
A surcharge or refund (as applicable) will be payable, subject to the conditions set out in this clause, in the event of any change in our transportation costs or in dues, taxes or fees or in the exchange rates which have been used to calculate the cost of your trip. Even in the above cases, only if the amount of any increase in our costs exceeds 2% of the total cost of your trip will we levy a surcharge. If any surcharge is greater than 10% of the cost of your trip, you will be entitled to cancel your booking and receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us or alternatively purchase another trip from us. Where applicable, you have 14 days from the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice to tell us what you would like to do. If you do not tell us that you wish to change your plans within this period of time, we are entitled to assume that you do not wish to do so and will pay the surcharge. Any surcharge must be paid with the balance of the cost of the trip or within 14 days of the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice, whichever is the later. A refund will only be payable if the decrease in our costs exceeds 2% of the total cost of your trip as set out above. Where a refund is due, we will pay you the full amount of the decrease in our costs. We promise not to levy a surcharge within 30 days of departure. No refund will be payable during this period either.If you have chosen to postpone your trip and put your registration deposit towards a future booking, we ask that you confirm the new date of travel within 2 years of your original intended travel date. We cannot extend the flexible period beyond two years, nor can we extend your trip departure for a second time in these circumstances.
- You must take out travel insurance covering health, accident and loss, emergency repatriation (at altitudes up to 6000M) etc. while you are out of the UK. The travel company can provide a suitable policy or, if you have your own insurance, The Nasio Trust must be given a copy to ensure it is suitable for the event.
- You must hold a 10 year passport that is valid for six months after your return to the UK. It is your responsibility to obtain a valid visa (if required), the cost of which is not included in the cost of the trip. The information supplied regarding passports and visa requirements was correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of printing. You must check current requirements with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office who will provide information on health and security.
- All instructions given to you on the event must be observed for your own safety. Participation in this event is at your own risk.
- Participants must carry out all fundraising in accordance with the guidelines set out in The Nasio Trust fundraising pack and Professional Fundraiser’s Agreement. This will be sent upon confirmation of your place on the event and must be returned immediately to The Nasio Trust after participants have read, signed and dated the form.
- Your place on the event is not secured until The Nasio Trust is in receipt of the signed and completed registration forms & deposit and medical form upon which you agree to the terms and conditions issued by Travel Company.
- The registration deposit and all sponsorship is payable to The Nasio Trust.
- The Nasio Trust reserves the right to amend or change the itinerary without prior notice.
- The Nasio Trust reserves the right to not accept a participant onto a challenge at any point leading up to departure of the trip.
- Participants will normally only be accepted on a Nasio Trust overseas challenge if they are at least 18 years of age by the first day of the trip. Any Participants that are under 18 years of age on the first day of the trek will only be accepted onto the trek if they are accompanied by a parent / guardian or other adult who are responsible for them. Any Participants under 18 on the first day of the trip must provide a parent / legal guardian consent form agreed with the responsible adult.